Tuesday 6 November, 2pm and 6pm
The Warehouse Studio Theatre, Hope University Creative Campus
Tickets : £9.50 / £7.50
An Invitation... is an alive and evolving work.
An Invitation… is about connection, conversation, spontaneity and uncertainty. It’s also playful, joyous, imaginative, powerful and human.
An Invitation… is about us.
We are creating this performance now.
We play the performer.
We play the audience.
We are the show.
Jo Fong is a director, choreographer and performer working in dance, film, opera, theatre and the visual arts. Jo has worked with Rosas, DV8 and Rambert and is, according to Luke Jennings of The Observer, ‘something of a legend on the UK contemporary dance scene.’
- Conceived & Directed by Jo Fong
- Performers: Jo Fong, Luke Divall and Beth Powlesland
- Collaborator & Documentation: Heloise Godfrey-Talbot
- Lighting Designer: John Collingswood
- Contributors and Collaborators: Performers, artists and audiences have contributed to this evening of work. As the work evolves the list of people keeps growing. There are too many names to mention although we would like to thank them all for their generous contribution.
An Invitation… has been selected for the British Council Edinburgh Showcase 2015 and British Dance Edition 2016
An Invitation… has been created and shared with support from Arts Council Wales, British Council, EU Culture, Sherman Cymru, Chapter Arts Centre, Rubicon Dance and Coreo Cymru. Photo by John Collingswood